Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Using Solo Taxonomy in Poetry

This term we have been writing Free Verse Poems. I wrote a free verse on hate. When I first wrote it, I only wrote 3 lines. Well, more likely, sentences. I rated myself at Multistructural. We talked about my where to next. Mrs M said to use these ides to form them into a poem.
Here is my first draft:


I wrote my poem a second time. I rated myself at Relational. Mrs M said that I was not quite there yet because I had started my lines off using I too many times and had no language features. We talked about my Where to Next. Mrs M said that I did not have many language features, that my ideas were now connecting and that I needed to be careful with using the letter I.
Here is my work:


The last time that I wrote my poem, I changed my 'I's to ing words. I also added some language features. I rated myself at Extended Abstract and Mrs M said that I was there. I was very happy and very proud of myself.
My final draft:


Here is my poem using Imagechef:

ImageChef.com Poetry Blender

No comments:

Post a Comment