Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 7 Term 4

What is learning?

10 weeks have passed since we started really talking about what we think learning is, thinking about our learing and reflecting on our learning

When I started talking and thinking about my own learning, this is what I thought learning was.

Learning is when you are taught or teach yourself to do something. You can have a discussion about it or just talk to someone about it.
I think that I am now much better at knowing what to do to improve my work. I also think that we talk about learning more in our class and I have never really done this before. I like it when Mrs. M tells us what we are learning and when we decide on what we have to do to be as successful as we can be.
We have been using Solo Taxonomy. This has been very useful to us because we would never have been able to improve in our learning if we didn't know how to use the different symbols to show how we think or show what we know. Solo Taxonomy helps us to develop skills that are very useful in our learning like talking about what we have to do to show our level of thinking and also making rubrics together so that we know what to do.

When we work with Mrs. M we make a rubric. Then after we have completed our work we discuss this with her and she talks to us about WTN next step We then go and try again. We can have as many tries as we like to get the best result and until we are happy with our work.

I am glad that Mrs Mitchell has taught us about Solo Taxonomy because it helps us to develop good skills that will help us throughout our whole time at school, helps us to improve our level of thinking and self asses our work.




No comments:

Post a Comment